We are currently looking for a volunteer Treasurer to join the museum on the Board of Trustees. If you are interested in finding out more about this hugely rewarding role please get in touch with Keri via email@example.com or call 01837 52295 for more information.
We’re a friendly, dedicated and hard-working team of volunteers led by Museum Manager, Keri Quertier. We have a brilliant team of volunteers who work in a number of roles; some like to meet and assist the visitors, others like to search through the store documenting the artefacts, whilst others enjoy all aspects of the maintenance that are part of the historic building the museum occupies.
Our volunteers come from all walks of life and have amazing skills that they put to good use. Full training is given to all volunteers and in return they become part of a sociable team who enjoy spending a few hours each week in a very friendly environment.
Without the volunteers the museum could not open and provide the high-quality service that it does.
You can get involved in a number of ways:
- Work in public-facing roles welcoming visitors to the museum and ensuring they have a great experience or providing tourist information.
- Being a part of our Documentation & Archive Team which catalogues the objects throughout the collection, photographing, using a database and checking condition.
- Undertaking maintenance throughout the building that houses the museum.
- Keeping the grounds and gardens around the museum tidy and attractive.
- Helping at external events to publicise the museum.
We welcome enquiries from college students looking for short term work experience to enhance further education applications or their CVs.
So why do our volunteers keep coming?
- To be part of a sociable, friendly team (we run a number of volunteer visits and events throughout the year).
- To gain skills and confidence before going into work.
- To obtain work experience for college and university applications or to enhance CVs.
We are particularly looking for volunteers to work in public-facing roles, meeting and welcoming visitors as they come into the museum.
If you would like to find out more about volunteering at the museum please call 01837 52295 or email firstname.lastname@example.org – we’d be delighted to hear from you.