We are a welcoming and friendly museum and aim to make our building accessible to anyone who wants to visit.
Please note that the museum lift is currently out of use (April 2019), we are really unhappy and sorry about this, as soon as it is up and running again we will provide an update.
- a level entrance to the museum – please note it is cobbled and this continues through the ground floor gallery
- accessible parking spaces to the rear of the museum
- drop-off and pick-up facilities to the museum and in the museum car park
- further accessible parking at the car park on School Way, Okehampton, with level walking to the museum
- various handling opportunities throughout the galleries
- audio displays
- a lift to all floors with tactile buttons (currently out of order (April 2019))
- an accessible toilet on the ground floor
- a quiet, private room for breastfeeding
- Baby changing facilities in the Courtyard toilet
Assistance dogs are welcome throughout the museum.